OVER $6,000 IN CASH
- $1,500 1st PLACE
- $1,000 2nd PLACE
- $750 3rd PRIZE
- Participants must leave from and return to any dock or public landing in Beaufort County. There will be a maximum of six (6) anglers per boat, including youth (under 15).
- All fish must be caught with hook and line and landed in a sporting manner. No nets, dynamite or guns, etc. No mutilated fish allowed.
- Lines will be in the water no earlier than 6:00 AM June 9, 2018. Scales open atb3:00 PM, all fish must be weighed by 5:00 PM at the Beaufort Downtown Marina.
- All fish must be caught in public waters or offshore, no impoundments, ponds, lakes or private waters.
- An angler may enter only one fish of each species. All anglers MUST BRING THEIR OWN fish to be weighed.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the earliest weigh-in time.
- All protests or grievances must be submitted in writing to the weigh-master, with a $100 protest fee within 15 minutes of the scale closing.
- The fishing tournament committee is the final arbiter of any disputes.
CAPTAIN'S MEETING: The regatta is open to all PHRF boats including catboats, and one-design dinghy classes.
AWARDS PRESENTATION: All boats should send a representative to the meeting at the Port Royal Landing Marina on June 8 at 6:00pm. The meeting will be the deadline for all entries.
REGISTRATION AND FEES: Cash and awards will be presented ON June 10 at 2:00 pm with an awards presentation to follow. Food, beer and wine will be provided for all participants. There will be a $10 charge for each additional person. Location will be at AMVETS Post 70 at 1831 Ribaut Rd, Port Royal.
Friday, June 8th
All boats should send a representative to the meeting at the Port Royal Landing Marina on June 8 at 6:00 pm. The meeting will be the deadline for all entries.
Saturday, June 9th
Sunday, June 10th
Cash and awards will be presented ON June 10 at 2:00 pm with an awards presentation to follow. Food, beer and wine will be provided for all participants. There will be a $10 charge for each additional person. Location will be at AMVETS Post 70 at 1831 Ribaut Rd, Port Royal.
REGISTRATION AND FEES: Eligible boats may enter by completing the Registration Form and paying the proper fee: $25 per boat. Registration forms are available on line at www.BftWaterFestival.com and at www.byscnet.com/Sailing/wfr. You can pre-register online and pay on the day of the regatta. By registering, all registrants agree that they will be bound by the RRS and by all other rules that govern this event.
SAILING AREA: The regatta will be sailed on the Beaufort River with the PHRF and Catboats sailing between the Beaufort Memorial Hospital area to the north and G33 to the south. The course length TBD depending on wind conditions. One-design dinghies will sail between the Beaufort Memorial Hospital area to the north and the McTeer Bridge to the south. Courses will be described in the sailing instructions.
SCORING: Three races are scheduled for the PHRF fleet and five races are scheduled for the one-design dinghy fleets. All races will be scored. This changes RRS A2.1. One race must be completed to constitute a regatta
PRIZES: Trophies will be awarded as follows: 1 for 3 boats in a class, 2 for 5 boats, and 3 for 6 or more boats.
DOCKING: Docking space is available at BYSC while it lasts.
CONTACT: Regatta Chairman and Principal Race Officer: Frank Pontious, 843-252-4900, at firstname.lastname@example.org